- Practical: you can check the contents of your OPUS card or reload it with fares whenever you want, by simply using a computer in the comfort of your home.
- Time-saving: this online service allows you to avoid line-ups at automatic fare vending machines, service points or points of sale, like convenience stores and pharmacies.
- Smart: you can reload the OPUS cards of everyone in the family!
No, you do not have to create a profile. Using OPUS en ligne is a secure, anonymous process.
We strive to make the OPUS en ligne site compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA. The site is currently accessible to all customers, but those using voice browsing with a screen reader may encounter some difficulties. Our teams are now working on determining which adjustments are needed and any developments in that regard will be communicated in a timely manner.
Card reader purchase
Online, from our partner, Fusium Solutions
It costs $19.60 plus applicable taxes. All shipping and handling fees are included.
OPUS en ligne is just another more flexible option for customers who want to avail themselves of it. All other fare distribution channels are still available. Keep in mind that transit organizations do not profit from any card reader sales.
Yes, the card reader is covered by a one-year warranty by our partner.
Expect delivery within 5 to 7 business days.
Using another card reader is not recommended as customer service would be of no help in the event of a problem.
A writing must be recorded on the chip in your OPUS card to load a fare. This allows you to use your card right after your transaction.
Yes, but each OPUS card requires its own transaction and payment. For example, if you want to load fares onto three cards, you must carry out three distinct transactions.
Yes, you may purchase fares from several organizations, but to do so, a separate payment is needed for each transaction.
- All fares available on OPUS and giving access to RTL, STL and STM are offered
- All TRAM and TRAIN fares are available
- View the list of fares offered by exo and MRC Joliette Division transport
- View the list of fares offered by RTC and STLévis.
- Note: you cannot sign up for an annual subscription through this website
Yes. At opusenligne.ca.
Yes. You can check your card’s expiry date, the expiry date of any weekly or monthly fares, as well as the number of remaining trips.
Yes, they cost the same.
Yes, a receipt will be sent to you by email and you will also be able to save your receipt after the transaction.
Save or print your receipts for your records, as they cannot be issued a second time. However, there is no need to keep your receipt with you when using public transit.
As soon as the reloading process is completed, the card is ready for use.
- Call the customer service line of the transit service provider that issued the fare..
- Please note that such requests can be handled or processed differently, according to the refund rules of each transit authority.
- Make sure you selected the correct transit authority because most of OPUS fares are available.
- Some fares are only available from a specific date. For example, the monthly pass can only be purchased as of the 20th of the month.
- One of the fares already on your OPUS might prevent you from loading another type of fare, as some are incompatible. Only compatible fares are available for purchase. For more information about fare compatibility, contact your transit service provider’s customer service.
- That can possibly be caused by one of the following situations:
- Your card is already holding the maximum four fares. Only tickets or single trips could be added until you reach the allowed limit, which varies according to fares and transit authority.
- The fares already loaded on your card prevent you from adding the fares of the transit authority you selected.
- For more information, call your public transit organization's customer service line.
PLUGGING IN AND USING THE OPUS CARD READER
Refer to the Technical assistance section.
- Unplug the card reader and start over again.
- If your computer has a second USB port, try plugging the card reader into that second port.
- If still nothing happens, call your public transit organization's customer service line
- Check whether the reader is listed under Devices:
Windows 7 ou 8
- Click Start .
- Click Control Panel and click Devices and Printers.
- Click Start
- Click Settings
- Select Devices.
- Click the apple icon
- Click About This Mac and More Info.... Click Hardware and then USB to access the USB Device Tree.
A. Make sure the text that matches your card reader appears.
B. If the text that matches your card reader is not listed, connect the reader to another USB port and check your devices again.
- Install the pilot manually.
Download the pilot for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 Download the pilot for Windows 7
- If the problem persists, contact your transit authority’s customer service department
No, you must absolutely install Java and the SmartCardPlugin to use this website. They allow the website to communicate with the card reader through your computer’s USB port.
No, the Java module is free for individuals.
If you want your computer to remember that these components were installed, tick or untick the appropriate box when prompted by most browsers. The message requesting permission will no longer appear the next time.
Exemple for Firefox: tick the Remember my choice for smartcard links box
Ignore this message. You may close the window and continue reloading your card.
No, you must use a computer.
Yes, a card reader can be used by several people on different computers.
MY OPUS CARD
When you are in fare purchase or card review mode, your OPUS card’s expiry date is displayed next to the card’s number.
No, you are not required to do so. However, we strongly recommend that you register your card to protect yourself should it be lost or stolen. Also, if your OPUS card is registered, you can then recover any remaining fares.
Transactions are anonymous on the OPUS en ligne website. Your personal information is not used. The system needs a minimum of information for payment, but it is all deleted after each transaction. Your personal information is not needed for this type of transaction.
You can look up the FAQ for OPUS cards by going to
Only OPUS cards can be checked or reloaded using OPUS en ligne.